Now how many of us can say we follow our dream honestly? When I heard this I would smile and think to myself I don’t have a dream as I am working hard to and just dreaming seemed pointless to me as it was only dreaming and the point of it coming true was highly unlikely!
That was how I use to think!
In my 40’s I started feeling there had to be more to life than what I and millions of others were doing. I was working in the rat race, working long hours, involved in office politics and basically working with people I didn’t like or trust.
So I often heard follow your dream however I didn’t have a dream as I thought then.
Here are 5 reasons people don’t follow their dream.
- Reasons why people are told don’t follow your dream No.1 – They have had their dreams kicked out of them. Can you remember when your teacher said to you that you are just a dreamer, or your parents saying to you to get your head out of the clouds. Peers saying the same things, so over the years your dreams were diminished and you fell through the cracks ending up in the rat race full of worry and possible despair and your dreams became a distant memory.
- Reasons why people are told don’t follow your dream No.2 – Some people live in the past focusing on failures. This is a big reason why people fail to follow their dream. They maybe started something some time ago and it failed. This is then in the back of their minds that it will happen again. As long as they learn from their failures and move forward. I am a great believer that in order for you to succeed you need to be prepared to fail forward.
- Reasons why people are told don’t follow your dream No.3 – Some people lack the confidence to follow their dream. Again this can be a real problem with their dreams never being given a chance to take flight. They never meet their full potential as they are in the wrong circle of people who can’t help them build their confidence. Best thing to do is surround yourself with the right people who can help your chances to succeed.
- Reasons why people are told don’t follow your dream No.4 – Some people settle for mediocrity. This is how they can never be happy. Settling for less than they are capable of achieving is a real waste of a life. They look back over there life regretting and thinking what if? By having a dream it allows them to stretch themselves in pursuit of it and as they grow they feel confident and happier.
Are These The 5 Main Reasons Why You Don’t Follow your dream cont?…
- Reasons why people are told don’t follow your dream No.5 – Some people don’t have the imagination to follow their dream. As they grew up they stopped dreaming and imagining how life would be for them. Imagination is the where it all starts. Einstein said “ Imagination is more important than knowledge”. People could start thinking what if instead of what is and start to get those juices flowing.
So I found myself relating to some of these reasons or excuses that kept me back when I wanted to follow my dream.
Confidence was one of them and the people I surrounded myself with had to change.
Over the past 10 years my dream was to work for myself from home and help many others to achieve this too. So I quit the rat race and started my online business. Now it wasn’t easy as I had to do my due diligence and align myself with a company I could trust and learn the skills I needed to have so I could earn a sustainable income online and never return to the rat race again.
Could this work for you, yes however this is a BUSINESS and you can create a sustainable income online through to retirement IF you so wish. You will need to learn the skills to do this and investing in yourself and your business is a must. It takes some time and it will depend on you and how serious you are to follow your dream.
Everything is here for you, are you ready?
Skype Me: christine.gilmartin
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on Pinterest or click here ==>